Fun Fall Activities for Children in Bellevue and Beyond
Fall is a wonderful time for children to explore nature, learn about the season, and have a ton of fun. From outdoor outings, to local farms, to festive activities for the whole family, Seattle and Bellevue have no shortage of ways to enjoy Fall. For children of all ages, here are some great ways to celebrate the fall with your family this year.
Farms and Pumpkin Patches
Apple picking, fall leaves, and a trip to a pumpkin patch are a few fall staples for family fun. Whether you are looking for some fresh fruit to turn into pie, the perfect pumpkin to carve for your doorstep, or simply some exciting ways for your children to learn about the season, some great farms to explore include:
- Kelsey Creek Farm: From farm tours, to petting zoos, and even an indoor pumpkin patch, Kelsey Creek Farm is a great place to experience fall without leaving Bellevue.
- Remlinger Farm: Pumpkin season is in full swing at Remlinger Farm! Their U-Pick pumpkin patch and a number of other fall activities are happening now at their farm in Carnation. Their Fall Harvest Festival is going on every weekend until October 29, and offers rides, games, pumpkin picking and more for kids of all ages.
- Fox Hollow Farm: Fox Hollow Farm in Issaquah is another great place for fall family fun. Their Fall Festival includes a train, hay maze, pumpkin picking, animal petting areas and more.
Bellevue and surrounding areas have no shortage of fun family activities around Halloween. From not-too-spooky haunted houses for kids, to costume showcases and more, consider attending some of these Halloween activities with your children:
- Halloween on the Hill, an afternoon of carnival games, arts and crafts and more at the Bellevue Community Center
- Family Adventures in Spooky Kooky Concoctions at KidsQuest Museum. Geared for children ages 5 and up, This event will help your child enjoy Halloween through science and chemistry through a number of kid-friendly crafts and experiments.
- Living Montessori Fall Carnival for families and friends, on October 27th from 4:30-6. This family event will include games, crafts, and more for children of all ages.
Fall Themed Recipes for Kids
Making seasonal foods and tasting fall flavors is another exciting way for children to enjoy Fall. If you are looking for some fun family indoor activities this fall, try some of the following easy and fun recipes:
- Big Green Monster themed healthy snacks
- Kid’s Favorite Pumpkin Seed Recipe
- Festive Fall Popcorn
- Autumn Leaf Cutout Cookies
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes
To learn more about the Living Montessori Education Community, visit our website today!