Join Us for Living Montessori Summer Camps
Summer is right around the corner! While it may seem like long sunny days are far away, it won’t be long until summer is here and school is out. If you are looking for some enriching activities for your children to participate in during vacation, be sure to consider Living Montessori’s summer camps. From building robots to exploring performing arts, organic farming, and more, we offer a wide variety of programs children can engage in to make the most of the summer.
About Living Montessori Summer Camps
Living Montessori hosts a number of different summer program options for children ages two through ten. These programs are structured to provide children with an engaging summer where they will move, explore, learn, and have a ton of fun!
Early Education Programs
Kids ages two through four are invited to participate in our early education camps. These programs give young children the chance to move, play, and learn new skills with other campers in their age group. You can choose one, two or three of the following camps:
- Soccer Shots from 3:00-4:00 p.m. June 18-22
- Tumble Bus from 1:00-2:30 p.m. July 9-3
- Dance from 3:00-4:00 p.m. August 6-10
Families can purchase camps one week at a time or save ten percent when they sign children up for all three camps.
Children ages three-and-a-half through ten are invited to participate in our academy summer programs. These include individual week-long camps on specific subjects and our 12-week summer camp from June to August. Families can also choose from two timetables to fit their scheduling needs, with camps from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and from 8:00 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Our camps consist of two types of programs: base camps and specialty camps. Campers will spend the majority of their time in their base camp, which consists of a variety of hands-on, enriching activities throughout the day. They can also sign up for additional specialty camps, which focus on unique interest-based courses.
Base camps make up the core of the Living Montessori summer camp experience. Children will be split into various base camps according to age and scheduling needs. You can select different options on a weekly basis or opt to participate in camp for the entire summer. Students in these programs will explore a number of activities, including:
- Science Technology Engineering Arts and Mathematics (STEAM)-based fun and educational activities
- Performing arts, such as drama, music, and improvisation
- Hands-on crafts
- Fitness activities
- Daily outdoor fun
- Culinary skills
- Health and wellness lessons
Children ages six and up will also have the opportunity to take part in a number of field trips and enriching programs, including a local hike, a trip to Remlinger Farms, Seattle Storm Kids Day, and more!
Specialty camps are the icing on the cake for our summer campers. These programs give children an in-depth, hands-on experience on specific subjects. Kids will be split into groups by age and have the chance to explore STEAM education, organic gardening, sports, and more. Our specialty camps include:
- Dig In! Oxbow Farm
- Soccer Shots I & II
- And more!
New Programs for Summer 2018
While we will continue to offer favorite programs from past summers, we also have a few new programs in store for campers this year! Some new classes and field trips our students can take advantage of include:
- Say Cheese! Photography and Digital Photography: This summer, we will be offering introductory photography classes for students of all ages! In these camps, students will explore photography basics, including photo composition, fundamentals of using a camera, and more.
- Lego Robotics: For children who are interested in building, programing, and exploring the fundamentals of coding, Lego Robotics is the perfect summer camp. This program gives children the opportunity to create and program robots while exploring new technologies and skills with their classmates.
- New Enrichment and Field Trips: We are also offering a number of new field trips and enrichment programs this summer. These options include Juggling, All About Hydraulics, Bike Safety and Maintenance, and Aikido.
If you would like to sign your child up for a Living Montessori summer camp, visit our website. To learn more about these camps, view our information packs for programs for Early Education and Academy students and check out our post about a day in the life at Living Montessori summer camps!